In which I channel my inner Buzzfeed (no, I can't even right now) to compile a list of horror moms - good and bad - in honour of it being Mother's Day.
10. Vera Farmiga's Norma Bates - otherwise known as the only reason to watch Bates Motel.
9. Mother? Grandma? Aunt? Sister?
Who knows, where this family of probable inbreds are concerned.
8. Rebecca DeMornay - the best reason to watch the Mother's Day remake.
7. Lending horror cinema its best bit of trivia in being the original killer of Friday the 13th.
6. Henrietta, Evil Dead 2's best zombie - and played by Ted Raimi, no less.
5. Sure, her daughter got herself killed, but Carol has turned into one of The Walking Dead's best survivors yet.
Ooh, look, flowers!
4. Achieving more post-death than Bates Motel will ever muster, no matter how long it manages to stay on TV.
3. Poor stressed mom Essie Davies, giving horror cinema its best antagonist/protagonist combo of 2014 in The Babadook.
2. I'll pass on the custard, thanks.
1. Best Mom Ever, courtesy of 1980's Mother Day.
Happy Mother's Day, moms everywhere! Thanks to my own mother, without whom this piece - and, indeed, my own existence - would not have been possible.